• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Research for series of articles about dietary lifestyle options

Assassin of Youth

Bluelighter
Hey everybody!

For those of you I haven't spoken to - hi! I'm new here. My name is Kayla.

I am busy doing a little research for a series of articles I am writing about different dietary lifestyle options for an online women's magazine I regularly write for (for munniez, woop) - eg. vegetarianism (probably encompassing veganism and fruitarianism, and such things), halaal, junk food junkies, fad dieting, people who fast/detox regularly, organic... etc.

What do you guys think? Would you like to suggest more lifestyle options, or give me a few brief interviews if you think your dietary lifestyle options are interesting or noteworthy (or simply fit into one of my categories)? I won't post the name of the website I write for here, but for anyone who shows interest or participates, I will share the website and later on, the articles (when they're published).

^_^

Definitely throw the gluten/grain free diet and lifestyle in there. It's a huge and important one which effects many people.

Thanks :) I'll look that one up. Do you follow any specific diet? If you're interested in giving me your views, experiences, pros and cons, etc. I will send you a PM with some details as well as the name of the website, so you can check it out.

I am gluten/corn/soy/dairy free and all organic foods. So haha yeah, you could say I follow a specific diet. :)

Not specifically vegetarian or vegan? When I write an article on organic/gluten-free diets, I'll be back in contact with you! Probably going to start with veg-options.

I consider my diet pretty strange considering I've never eaten red meat, beans, fruits or 99% of vegetables in my life. Ever. Never eaten anything out of a can either. (Sensory issues). I feel like one of those people on 'Freaky Eaters'! Sadly, there's no name for my all-exclusive diet so I don't know that I'd be good for your articles...well, maybe "Junk Food Junkies" :)

I'm a health and nutrition writer myself and have done articles on the following:

yeast-free/Candida diets
gluten-free/casein-free autistic diets
Atkins/carb-free diets
raw food diets
anti-autoimmune diets
liquid diets
ketogenic diets

Maybe some of those would classify as 'special'? Just some ideas, not like I follow any of those myself.

If you need a Vegan's viewpoint, ask away. Was a Vegetarian for five years prior to being Vegan for about a year now.

I was vegetarian for three years before I started eating meat again shortly after going gluten free.

I was vegetarian for three years before I started eating meat again shortly after going gluten free.
Did you chose to go gluten free, or did you develop Celiac's disease/disorder? If it's the latter, doesn't eating traditionally (read: grain) fed cattle cause you to have a reaction? Was told by a co-worker who had Celiac's that she could only eat grass-fed cattle.

Hey, addictivepersona! That sounds awesome. If you could send me a PM answering these questions applicable to anyone who'd like to help out], that would rock!

- Why did you choose to eat the way you do?
- When did you make the decision?
- How was it received by your friends and family?
- What are the benefits/pros you perceive in your life from following your diet?
- What are the difficulties you find in following your diet?
- Would you recommend it to others - and why?

Any others comments, thoughts, insights - greatly appreciated.

...if you could put your name and age in the message as well, that would be great. If you'd like to remain anonymous, I could use only your first name or a pseudonym, but it's really a chilled article and probably won't be read by many people...

NotDeja and Lady Codone, your input would also help me a lot. Thanks so much, guys! This rocks.

^ Expect the PM by Thursday or Friday. Maybe today if I get all my homework done, but who knows, lol.

So, instead of doing my homework, I decided to drop you the PM about my diet...

The following errors occurred with your submission:
Assassin of Youth has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Assassin of Youth from the recipient list and send the message again.
The text that you have entered is too long (11988 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

I can shorten it (lawl, it is quite long), but without you accepting PMs, I don't know how to get this to ya. I'd gladly give you an e-mail or let you e-mail me, but I don't want to put my e-mail on this board for everyone to see.

^ HOT DAMN! I'm so sorry! I didn't realise I had that option on.

I changed it now, would you mind sending it again? So sorry for the inconvenience...

Going to go to a free ballet lesson now, woop!

^ No worries. :) Sent the PM. If anyone else is interested in what I had to say, let me know and I'll forward you a copy. It's lengthy though. Lol, sorry about the length, Assassin of Youth!

No worries! I will send you a PM back when the story is published... Thanks for the input!

Coming up next - restricted diets for health reasons (eg. wheat-free, gluten-free, etc. - not vegetarian, not for religious reasons...)

Thanks guys, you rock my socks!

Did you chose to go gluten free, or did you develop Celiac's disease/disorder? If it's the latter, doesn't eating traditionally (read: grain) fed cattle cause you to have a reaction? Was told by a co-worker who had Celiac's that she could only eat grass-fed cattle.

I chose to go gluten free to test my sensitivity... after a few periods of being g-free and then testing gluten it became quite clear that it was triggering my autoimmune condition.

As far as the beef, I only eat grass fed organic beef, if I eat it. But I recently decided to cut red meat out of my diet. I craved it a lot for a period of my life, and I think I needed more iron (or some other nutrient it contains) during that time... but recently the cravings have stopped and I've been getting a strong intuition that I don't need to be eating it, so now I only eat organic chicken or sometimes fish or venison if someone gives it to us.

I'd like to get to where the only meat I ever eat is meat/fish that my boyfriend hunts or catches for us. I'm not against eating meat in general as it's natural for most species to take life to sustain their own, but I do have a problem with factory farmed animals... it's just so cruel and out of balance. :(

Yeah - my dad makes his own goats' and cows' cheese as well as pork products... These I don't mind eating, because I know they've been treated well - with fairness and respect and humaneness, above all.